GO
Home  |  Calendar  |  News  |  Question?
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Rimer Community Learning Center


    School Calendar

    All School Videos
You will need a current version of Flash to view this content.
Click here to download the latest Flash player.

History of Rimer CLC

  • Constructed in 1928
  • Annexed by the city of Akron in 1929
  • Named in honor of William F. Rimer (1870-1947)
  • William Frank Rimer moved to Kenmore in 1919. At that time, a one-room school – Allenside – was located at the corner of Foust (now Wilbeth) and Manchester roads. In 1924, seven acres of land were purchased from Herman Camp; and a portable building was placed on the site. When bonds were sold in 1927 for a new building, Rimer was principal of Kenmore High School. A.R. Ritzman, a member of the Kenmore Board of Education, said, "Why wait until a man is dead before honoring him? Mr. Rimer, although he has lived here a short while, can never be sufficiently reimbursed for the work he has done in the schools." In 1929, all of Kenmore was incorporated by the city of Akron.
  • Groundbreaking for new building on June 4, 2007; dedication on September 10, 2009; classes started in new building on August 26, 2009


TRADEMARK AND USE OF APS IMAGE: The logo for Akron Public Schools, and any modifications thereof, belong exclusively to the Akron Board of Education. The logo may not be used in any form without the prior written consent of the Akron Board of Education. The use of the Akron Public Schools name and logos are confined for use by the Akron Board of Education. The name Akron Public Schools and the logos shall be used in the manner prescribed by the Akron Board of Education. To request a limited, non-exclusive license to use the name Akron Public Schools and the logos, you may contact Mark Williamson.
Admin. Building, 70 N. Broadway, Akron, OH 44308-1911, 330.761.1661, Fax 330.761.3225, apsnews@akron.k12.oh.us © 2009 Akron Public Schools | All Rights Reserved